Posting Date: 10/15/2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Christner Inc., a top-ranked St. Louis architectural and planning firm, is seeking an interior designer (or interior architect) to join our six-person interior architecture group.
We are looking for an energetic and talented professional capable of establishing sound design principles, developing design concepts grounded in those principles, and producing design that reflects those principles and concepts in its form, finish, and function. The individual must be able to communicate effectively to lead complex client organizations to consensus, and to work with project teams to document details that achieve high-quality design results.
Responsibilities and qualifications of the position are as follows:
- Stays current with design and construction techniques, materials, trends and research
- Seeks to fully understand and document project context and goals
- Works with the client to develop guiding principles for the design, and/or works within the guiding principles already established for the project
- Clearly communicates with the client and the internal team about proposed design options and how they respond to the guiding principles
- Collaborates with the project team and other designers to get to the most appropriate design solution for the project
- Follows up with the team throughout the course of the project to ensure that project design goals are achieved
- Most importantly, aspires to a high quality of design
- At least 8 years of professional experience
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with a passion for professional growth
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and software for design visualization such as Revit or Rhinoceros
To applyl, email letter of interest, resume and work samples to email@example.com.